The Worship Program
Seventh-day Adventists choose to worship God because we believe He is our Creator who deserves praise and honour.
Exodus 20:11 says " in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
We believe that Saturday is a special day set aside for humanity, since the beginning of the world, to spend time worshipping and honouring God. We can worship God in many different ways. It can be through Bible study, prayer and singing praises to Him. We can do this at a personal level or meet together with fellow believers.
We invite you to join us on Saturday morning to praise God and to learn more about Him. You are welcome to sit anywhere during the worship program - there are no set seats - and we don't have a 'dress code' either. If you're comfortable, we're happy!
We have two worship programs each Saturday. A small group Bible study which we call Sabbath School and the Main Service where everyone meets together. In both our services we sing, pray to God and collect an offering. However, we emphasise that there is no obligation for you to give an offering if you don't want to. The program is our gift to God and to you - we don't expect anything in return.
Small Group Bible Study
Sabbath school starts at 10.00am. It's a time where we can discuss the teachings of the Bible and socialise with each other.
Sabbath school classes are divided into the following general age groups:
- Adults (ages 26+)
- Youth (ages 16 - 25)
- Teens (ages 10-15)
- Primary (ages 6-9)
- Kindergarten (ages 3-5)
- Beginners (for mothers with infants 0-2 yrs)
Outlined below is a typical Sabbath school program for the adults -
- Song service
- Special Item - this can be a musical item or even a drama performance on an aspect or story in the Bible
- Mission Story - Every three months, the Seventh-day Adventist church focuses on a certain region of the world and on how church members can help people in that region. The needs and stories of these people are told.
- Offering - Adventists collect an offering in Sabbath school to support the mission project.
- Lesson Study - At this point everyone breaks into small groups to study the Bible. You can choose which group you want to attend. The duration of the lesson study is about 30-40 minutes. During this time, Adventists study the Bible using the Sabbath school lesson as a guide. The Sabbath school lesson is a Bible-study guide produced every three months by the worldwide church's Sabbath School Department. People are encouraged to study the lesson throughout the week and, during Sabbath school, discuss what it is teaching and have the opportunity to share how it has made an impact on them.
Main Church Service
The church service starts at 11.30am on Saturday. It is a time where we can unite together, gather strength from the Word of God and learn more about God.
Following is an example of a typical weekly church services -
- Song Service - singing of contemporary Christian songs or hymns and praises to God.
- Offering - for local running costs or mission projects.
- Children's Story - a short story is told to teach the Children about an aspect of the Bible.
- Special Item - This can be a musical item or even a drama performance on an aspect or story in the Bible.
- Scripture Reading - a passage of the Bible is read that is relevant to the sermon
- The message - The local pastor or a guest speaker will share a message with the congregation on God's Word
- Benediction - the preacher closes the service with prayer.
Every week following the service our church has a free lunch (yes, there is such a thing!) so you can meet new people or catch up with friends.
2007 saw the addition of a market stall as a part of our outreach program, making our presence & projects more visible & available to our local community & those passing through town.
Moree markets are held on the first Sunday of every month at Jellico park near the main bridge on the south side of town.
We have a number of displays & offers/promotions on site including
- Christian Satelite TV information & installation
- a free Christian Video/DVD lending library
- Signs of the Times
- information on ADRA & Sanatarium
- information on our Kids Sabbath School programs
- information on available Bible Studies
temporarily putting this here...
This Week at Church
Small group Bible study (Sabbath School) 10.00am - 11.15am
Join us as we study the Bible together in small groups and and share the experiences of the week with each other.
Children's Sabbath School 10:00am - 11.15am
Your kids will be kept busy with songs, crafts, quizzes, games and Bible stories.We have classes for all age groups.
Main Church Service 11.30am - 12.30pm
Come and praise our Creator this week through song, prayer and an uplifting message.
Combined Lunch 12:30 - whenever
Yes, we have lunch every week at our church. If you are visiting please stay on for some great vegetarian cooking - there is always plenty to share around including soup in the winter months along with fruits & desert.
Video Library 10:00am - 3:00pm
DVDs & Audio CDs are available for free weekly loans or longer by arrangement if you are on holidays. Membership to our library is free. An extensive listing of our video library is available via the link above. [this page is currently in development & the listing will be updated regularly.
Sunday Market Stall 7:00am - 12:15pm We have a stand at our local Sunday Markets which are held in Jellicoe Park on the 1st Sunday of every month with the exception of December when there is also a market on the 3rd Sunday, and there are no markets in January. Featured there are our Signs of the Times & Video Library displays along with information about Kids Programs, Bible Studies through the Discovery Centre, ADRA & Christian Satelite TV programming. We also have a video display running programs from our video library or that have been downloaded from Hope/3ABN channels.